Tuesday 15 July 2014

Canterwood Crest: Take The Reins

Take the reins is written by jessica burkhart, and it is the 1st book in the canterwood crest series :)

What it's about:
Who says teammates have to be friends?
When Sasha Silver and her horse, Charm, arrive on the campus of the elite Canterwood Crest Academy, Sasha knows that she's in trouble. She's not exactly welcomed with open arms. One group of girls in particular is used to being the best, the brightest, and the prettiest on the team, and when Sasha shows her skills in the arena, the girls' claws come out.
Sasha is determined to prove that she belongs at Canterwood. Will she rise to the occasion and make the advanced riding team by the end of her first semester? Or will the pressure send Sasha packing?


My review:

I really like the how their is the rivalry between sasha and heather fox in the arena and outside. I always like books which have enemies in it, because it makes the characters stronger and more real, because everyone has people who they don't get along with which makes the book more realistic.

I really like all the horse aspects of it, because I love horse riding. I also like how they don't make up 'fake' horse riding moves in it, like they do in some books.

I also really like how the main character is nice, bright and hopeful.I also like how it shows the real aspects of boarding. 

Though I don't like how Paige P and Sasha S become best friends really quickly which often doesn't happen in real life. Though every other aspect in the book mirrors real life which makes up for it.

Overall I love the first book in this amazing series, I would rate 4/5 stars :)I hope you like it to.



No comments:

Post a Comment